Jamming issues on the DM400C, DM450C and DM475
- The sealing lever may be in the wrong position.
- The mailpiece may not be in specification for this meter.
- A sensor may be dirty or covered.
- A part may be worn or faulty.
Solution 1: Ensure that your material meets specifications
See the material specifications section in the DM300C, DM400C and DM475 Operator Guide for more information.
Solution 2: Check your meter to resolve jamming issues
- Lift the feeder cover.
- Open the blue jam release (there are 2 blue jam releases on the DM475).
- Remove any mailpieces in the feeder.
- Turn the jam release knob under the display clockwise.
- Remove any mailpieces in the printer.
- Check that the seal lever is in the correct position.
- Use a can of non-flammable canned air to blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on, ensuring that all dust and debris are removed, working from the left side of the machine toward the exit.
- Close the jam release knob and blue jam release lever.
- Close the feeder cover.
- Clear the error and retry your mailpiece if it is not too damaged.
For more information, including diagrams of the release levers, see the Feeding Problems section in the DM300C, DM400C and DM475 Operator Guide.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: November 03, 2021