The meter displays the message "Paper in Transport, remove env", or an envelope is jammed and mail cannot be run.
A mail piece or debris is in the mail path.
To clear the mail path:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical).
- Remove any visible paper fragments from the feed deck. Occasionally the tape strip or sheet will get caught in the rollers.
- Using a can of non-flammable compressed air and working from the left side of the machine toward the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes and tape sheets travel on. Ensure that all dust and debris are removed.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn counter clockwise to raise the feed deck back up into position.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
UPDATED: September 26, 2017