IPPM : (SPLIT to RIP: 86 data) service terminated error
Job aborts as the Split to Rip service crashes because there is not enough memory to run with the current number of RIPs configured in the system.
As a test it should be possible to determine if this is memory related by reducing the number of RIP instances on each RIP server. To do this you’ll need to secure an hour of testing time on the printer. The steps to follow are below:
1) Stop the MP0x output client on IPPM
2) On the MP0xEXEC01 server desktop right click on the 'Stop Output Service' icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’
3) Open a Remote Desktop Session to MP0XPAGE03 edit the file C:\Program Files\Pitney Bowes\IPPM\3.6\SVCPAGE2ICF.INI
The file will contain something similar to the following…
// ENVIRONMENT PARAMETERS
// SERVICE PARAMETERS
4) The parameter ‘execount’ controls the number of RIPS that will start on each RIP server. Change this value to ‘8’ and save the file.
5) You will need to edit the same file on each of the MP0xPAGEnn servers.
6) Finally start IPPM and the output client and try to submit the job. Now each rip should have approaching 8MB. Try the job again and see if the results are improved.
If successful then, you can experiment by incrementing the RIP numbers until you get the optimum number.
UPDATED: October 04, 2018