"995, CreateDC, The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exist or an application request." message in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
The message "995, CreateDC, The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exist or an application request." appears when printing labels or stamps using DeviceHub.
The printer driver being used is not compatible with DeviceHub.
- Solution 1: Install a different printer driver
- Solution 2: Check compatible envelope printers or print to PDF
- Go to HP's Universal Print Driver download page.
- Select the + symbol next to Driver-Universal Print Driver.
- Select the Download button for HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Select Unzip in the WinZip Self-Extractor wizard window.
- Select Yes to the License Agreement.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Steps may vary based on your HP printer model and connection type.
If you are using a non-HP printer, go to your printer manufacturer's website and download and install the latest version of the printer driver for your printer.
- If printing on envelopes, and the issue is not resolved, please refer to Compatible printers and scales..
- If printing stamp sheets or shipping labels, choose Print to PDF instead of your printer in the Print Options window.
UPDATED: November 07, 2023