The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Learn about adding carrier accounts in SendPro
UPDATED: 29 March 2016
SendPro® can ship with three major U.S. carriers: the U.S. Postal Services (USPS), FedEx and UPS. SendPro is automatically set up to work with USPS from the moment you sign in. In order to ship with FedEx or UPS, you will need to add those accounts to SendPro. To add a FedEx or UPS account, see:
Manage your USPS® account
You can manage your USPS account settings to:
- Restrict or allow particular services
- Add to and check your postage balance (and even automate postage refills)
- Update your credit card information (if applicable)
Open a new carrier account
If you don’t yet have a relationship with either FedEx or UPS you’ll be directed to set up a new account on the carrier’s website. Once your new carrier account is established, you should return to SendPro to enter the account details there.
Special notes when adding a UPS account:
- Use your most recent invoice number if you have it. If you’ve shipped with UPS in the past 90 days, UPS will have issued you an invoice and requires that you input that information here. You or the account holder in your organization should be able to download it from UPS.com. If you don’t have a recent invoice then check the “I don’t have a recent invoice” checkbox to complete account setup account.
- Enter your name and address EXACTLY as they appear on your UPS account. For security reasons, the information you enter when adding UPS as a carrier account in SendPro must match your UPS account’s information exactly. If your entries aren’t identical then you risk being locked out of your UPS account for 24 hours or more. To see your UPS account information, refer to your most recent invoice or sign in to your UPS account and refer to your account’s name and address information as you enter it into SendPro. Having trouble? Contact UPS at 1-800-742-5877.
For questions regarding account setup with our supported carriers: