This website is provided by Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd and may be used for informational purposes only. By using the site you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in these Legal Notices. If you do not agree to abide by these terms and conditions then do not use the site.
Copyright 1996-2017 Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd, Level 1, 68 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. All rights reserved.
The images, text, organisation and layout (collectively "Materials") of this site are copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Subject to the fair use rules under the applicable copyright legislation, Pitney Bowes does not authorise any downloading distribution or republication of any Materials on this site.
Outbound Linking Policy Statement - From time to time Pitney Bowes may provide links to external sites that cause you to leave this site. Any link used on this site is provided for the use and convenience of the visitor. The appearance of a link does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or certification by Pitney Bowes of the external link. Likewise, the presence of a link should not in any way be construed as a suggestion that the external link has any relationship with Pitney Bowes. Therefore, Pitney Bowes is not responsible for the content or practices of the sites accessed via the external links.
Linking To This Site Policy Statement - If you would like to link to this site please read and comply with the following: (i) link to but do not replicate this site's Materials; (ii) link only to the home page at www.pitneybowes.com/au; (iii) do not create a browser or border environment around this site's Materials (commonly known as framing); (iv) do not imply that Pitney Bowes is endorsing you or your products or misrepresent the extent of your relationship with Pitney Bowes; and (v) do not use the Pitney Bowes Signature (logo) in the hyper link without permission from Pitney Bowes.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 27 February 2018.
Pitney Bowes is committed to respecting the privacy of our clients and users. This Privacy Statement describes how our websites, services and products operate, and how we collect, use, and share information.
This Privacy Statement applies to pb.com and Pitney Bowes websites, services and products that collect data and display these terms, and that are owned and operated by Pitney Bowes and Pitney Bowes subsidiaries, collectively, "Pitney Bowes". Pitney Bowes websites, services and products are referred to in this statement as "Sites". These terms do not apply to Pitney Bowes sites that do not display or link to this statement or that have their own privacy statements.
The following topics are presented in this Privacy Statement:
- Collecting Personal Information from Site Users
- Collecting Other Information
- Using and Retaining Personal Information
- Sharing Personal Information
- Protecting Personal Information
- Cross Border Data Transfer
- Visiting Non-Pitney Bowes Websites
- EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Compliance
- Country-Specific Requirements
- Your Choices
- Your Rights to Access Personal Information
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact Us
1. Collecting Personal Information from Site Users
In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our Sites, we may require that you provide certain Personal Information (information that identifies an individual either alone or in combination with other data). Pitney Bowes also collects non-personal information that does not, on its own, identify an individual person. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does identify an individual person, we treat that combination as Personal Information.
The following are examples of the types of Personal Information that may be collected directly from you (or someone acting on your behalf):
- Contact information (including Name, Street Address, Email Address, Telephone Number)
- Contact information (including Name, Street Address, Email Address, Telephone Number)
- Government issued IDs (such as tax identification number)
- Username, password, and other information used in combination to verify identity
- Financial information (including credit/debit card and bank account information, credit and repayment history, and payment default information)
- Geolocation, demographic, shipping/receiving, billing, and other information related to the purchase or delivery of Pitney Bowes products and services or services you access through the Sites
- Any other Personal Information or characteristics about an individual that is connected to one of the above, such as date or place of birth, geographical indicators, or photographic images
By accessing and utilising our Sites, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and processing of Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You Please note, by law you are not required by law to provide us with your Personal Information, however if you do not. By electing not to share your Personal Information with us, you may be unable to take advantage of our Sites and we may be unable to provide you with all of the functionality we offer through our Sites.
2. Collecting Other Information
Pitney Bowes Sites use several automatic data collection tools and techniques including cookies, clickstream, and web beacons.
If you prefer not to have cookies, most web browsers include an option that allows you to not accept them. However, without cookies you may be unable to take full advantage of all of our Site features and some portions of our Sites may not function properly.
We may collect information about the "clickstream" of our customers during their visit to our Sites. This clickstream data contains the pages the visitors came from, the navigational paths they took, and the areas of the Site they visited. From time to time we track such information inside and outside of our Sites. Additionally, we may track and match clickstream data with Personal Information you provide to us in order to deliver content and other offerings - i.e., products and services that might improve your customer experience. We may also share clickstream data with third parties in an aggregate or otherwise anonymous format.
Certain email communications you receive from us may contain "web beacons." Web beacons consist of a line of code on our Sites that delivers a small graphic image. The web beacon may not be visible as it is a 1x1 pixel that is often designed to blend into the background of a web page. Web beacons allow us to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the browser type used to view the page and the information in cookies. We use web beacons for activities such as monitoring the effectiveness of the headlines in our emails or the ad banners.
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer, mobile device, or server) and is usually associated with the place from which you enter the internet. It is how devices find each other on a network. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, gather geographic data, and administer our Sites.
We do not act on, alter, or change our Site behavior upon receiving Do Not Track requests from your browser.
3. Using and Retaining Personal Information
Personal Information we collect through our Sites may be used to provide information regarding our products and services, or for marketing and promotions we believe you may find of interest. We also may use the Personal Information you provide for our internal purposes, such as Site customisation, enhancement or development, administration and operation of our Sites, data analytics, and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including performance of Pitney Bowes obligations under sales contracts, leases or licenses between you and Pitney Bowes.
We retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law; or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
4. Sharing Personal Information
Pitney Bowes may rent, sell or otherwise share your Personal Information where permitted by law, for example:
- within the Pitney Bowes family of businesses,
- with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf (such as credit card companies, credit and/or investigative reporting agencies, finance companies, transport companies, consultants, advisors and market research firms), or
- for marketing campaigns conducted by us or other companies or organisations that offer products or services we believe may be of interest to our clients.
Our service providers are required to keep confidential and secure the Personal Information received from us in accordance with this Privacy Statement and they may not use it for any other purpose other than for the purpose for which Pitney Bowes provided it to the service provider.
We may also make information available to third parties in the following circumstances:
- When we have a good faith belief it is required by law or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity;
- When we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity; or
- In the event of a proposed merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets.
In these circumstances, your consent will not be required, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent the law requires.
You Depending upon local law, you may either opt in or opt out (in accordance with local law) of having your Personal Information used shared and/or for marketing purposes. In the event you opt-in, we will use and share your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement. In the event you opt-out, we will share your preference with the applicable third parties as appropriate. For information on how to do this, see the Your Choices section of this Privacy Statement below.
5. Protecting Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Information we collect and process.
6. Cross Border Data Transfer
Pitney Bowes Inc. and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiaries that receive Personal Information from countries outside of the United States adhere to applicable law and regulations regarding client, partner and employee Personal Information moving across geographical and jurisdictional borders. This includes the use of data transfer agreements and model contractual clauses, where available, between our corporate entities, our partners and our clients where required.
Additional information may be found under the Country-Specific Requirements section for the geographies you are located in.
7. Visiting Non-Pitney Bowes Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites that operate independently from Pitney Bowes. Linked websites may have their own privacy statements or notices. If you visit any linked websites we strongly suggest you review their privacy statement. Any information you provide when you visit a nonaffiliated Pitney Bowes website is subject to the privacy statements posted on those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with or owned by Pitney Bowes, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
8. EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Compliance
Pitney Bowes participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, processing and retention of Personal Information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
We have certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Pitney Bowes is responsible for the processing of Personal Information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Pitney Bowes complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Information from the EU or Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to Personal Information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Pitney Bowes is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, Pitney Bowes commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information. If you believe Pitney Bowes processes your Personal Information within the scope of our Privacy Shield certification, you may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our compliance to us at the following information in the Contact Us section below.
Pitney Bowes will respond within 45 days. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact JAMS, our U.S-based third party dispute resolution provider, free of charge at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. Please contact or visit the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint for more information; or to file a complaint. The services of the Privacy Shield website are provided at no cost to you.
9. Country-Specific Requirements
Pitney Bowes Inc. is a global corporation with subsidiary companies located around the world. This Privacy Statement establishes our global principles (to the extent the law permits and/or requires) for the collection, use and disclosure of information gathered through our Sites. The country in which you are doing business with us or where the Site you are visiting is located or hosted may have specific requirements concerning Personal Information and may be found below.
PITNEY BOWES, the Corporate Logo and other secondary marks are trademarks of Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd or one of its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2017 Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd “Pitney Bowes”. All rights reserved. Any person authorised is hereby at liberty to view, copy, print and distribute this document subject to the following conditions:
- This document may be used for informational purposes only.
- The document may only be used for non-commercial purposes.
- Any copy of this document or portion thereof must include this copyright notice.
Note that any product, process or technology described in the document may be the subject of other Intellectual Property rights owned by Pitney Bowes and/or its licensors, and are not licensed hereunder.
This publication is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty as to the satisfactory quality (and/or merchantability), fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement we do not warrant that materials will be error free, nor free of viruses, defamatory, offensive, or other harmful matter. You assume the entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction.
This publication may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication. Pitney Bowes may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described in this publication at any time.
Users agree to provide the Site with accurate information in connection with the purchase of any product purchased or obtained via the Site and in connection with the "Create a Profile" and to maintain and update such User Information as necessary. With regard to the content of any submissions you make through this Site, you agree to remain solely responsible, and agree to not submit materials that are unlawful, defamatory, abusive or obscene. You also agree that you will not submit anything to this Site that violates any right of a third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights.
4. Data Usage.
Pitney Bowes may use information that is recorded about Users or submitted by Users and aggregated into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user, for the purpose of creating statistical summary databases for benchmarking and for use in research and development to create, refine, and improve Pitney Bowes and Pitney Bowes affiliates’ products and services.
5. Customer Information and Communication.
6. The Site.
Pitney Bowes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify and/or discontinue any part of the Site or any services or products offered via the Site at any time, with or without notice.
7. Links to Other Sites.
The Site may contain links to other sites hosted and/or maintained by third parties. Pitney Bowes shall not be responsible for the content of any third party sites that may be linked to or from www.pitneybowes.com/au. These links are provided for your convenience, and you use them at your own risk. A link to a third party site is not an endorsement of any third party site or service. Pitney Bowes does not assume any responsibility or liability for the content or use of any third party site or any third party's products and/or services.
8. Territorial Coverage.
The Site provides listings of a wide range of Pitney Bowes’ products and therefore may contain references or cross references to particular products and services that are not readily available in any particular country. Any such reference does not imply that Pitney Bowes in any particular country intends to market such products or services. All actions resulting from a search of this data must be related to solutions using only products and services announced by Pitney Bowes in any particular country. In particular, Pitney Bowes makes no claim for the accuracy of product information on this Site with regard to any country outside Australia.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pitney Bowes, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, employees and agents, from any and all third party claims or demands, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of your use of the Site, your breach of these terms of service and/or your infringement of any intellectual property right(s).
10. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability.
- Due to the nature of developing a website, it's possible that part or all of the Site may not work at times, or not work as expected. Accordingly, the Site is provided "as is" in the hope that they will be useful, but without any warranty. Additionally we explicitly DO NOT provide any guarantees whatsoever that the Site will be online or available at any time. We disclaim liability and responsibility for any and all damages resulting from using the Site and/or from the Site being unavailable or not functioning as expected.
- Pitney Bowes assumes no liability for any errors or omissions contained on or in the Site. The Site is offered to you without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Pitney Bowes disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to any information which is posted to the Site by any third party, including without limitation, information posted on any related blog.
- Exclusion of implied conditions. All conditions, terms and warranties that are or might otherwise be implied by law, practice, trade usage or international convention, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) etc. limits. Provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and Australian Consumer Law and other statutes in some cases either cannot be excluded, restricted or modified; or can only be restricted or modified to a limited extent. If any provisions of those types do apply, then to the extent permitted by law Pitney Bowes’ liability under those provisions is limited as follows. Pitney Bowes’ liability is limited, at its option – in the case of goods, to replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or repair of the goods; or payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and in the case of services, to supplying the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- SUBJECT TO CLAUSE 9(F), PITNEY BOWES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE, FOR ANY: (I) LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROFITS, CONTRACTS, BUSINESS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR OPPORTUNITIES; OR (II) ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, EVEN IF PITNEY BOWES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- SUBJECT TO CLAUSES 9(D) AND 9(F), IN NO EVENT SHALL PITNEY BOWES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED ONE AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR (A$1.00).
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions of Use shall exclude or restrict Pitney Bowes’ liability for: (i) death or personal injury; (ii) fraud; or (iii) any other cause of action which cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law.
11. Trademarks and Copyrights.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade dress of Pitney Bowes used on the Site are the intellectual property of Pitney Bowes and its affiliates and subsidiaries in the United States and throughout the world (collectively "Marks"). All third party trademarks on the Site are the property of their respective owners and are used under applicable law or with the owners' permission. Except as provided by applicable law, the Marks may not be used and/or reproduced without the written permission of Pitney Bowes. Those uses that are authorised must comply with Pitney Bowes' trademark usage guidelines (provided when necessary upon request). The images, text, organisation and layout (collectively "Materials") of the Site are the exclusive property of Pitney Bowes and are copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Subject to fair use exceptions, Pitney Bowes does not authorise any downloading, distribution or republication of any Materials on the Site, without prior written permission. Reproduction of the Site and/or the intellectual property contained within in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Any third party copyrighted material appearing on the Site is used under applicable law or with the owner's permission. Pitney Bowes will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
Pitney Bowes' failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions hereunder.
To the extent that any provision of these terms and conditions of use are adjudicated to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall not be void but rather shall be limited only to the extent required by applicable law and enforced as so limited. Additionally the remainder of these terms and conditions of use will remain valid and enforceable to full effect.
14. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia. You hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts located in Sydney, Australia and any Courts which may hear appeals from those Courts in respect of any proceedings in connection with these conditions and the Legal Notices or in relation to your access and use of this Site or its contents.
Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd ACN 001 475 921 is registered in New South Wales, Australia and has its registered office located at Suite 1, Level 1, 68 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113 Australia.
16. Data Products Disclaimer.
Disclaimer: While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of the data within this product, Pitney Bowes and the owners of the data do not make any representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and disclaim all responsibility and all liability for all expenses, losses, damages and costs which might be incurred as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete.
- Pitney Bowes Purchase Order Terms and Conditions 2021 - Australia
- End User Agreement for Pitney Bowes Enhanced Support Services and PC-Support Services
- FedEx End User License Agreement
- File-Based Processing Software License Agreement
- SendSuite® Tracking Online - On Demand Service Conditions (Australia)
- Shiphub Subscription Agreement
Postage Machine Users
You must connect your digital postage meter to Pitney Bowes systems in order to add postage, update meter software and update postal rates and products.