"Invalid Preset Settings" or unresponsive scale on the on the DM300-DM450
Your machine displays the "Invalid Preset Settings" message or the attached scale does not respond when you place an item on it.
Your meter does not communicate with your attached scale.
There are four ways to troubleshoot this issue; try them in this order:
- Solution 1: Reseat the scale
- Solution 2: Zero your scale
- Solution 3: Restart your meter
- Solution 4: Check your serial port setting
- Lift the scale off your machine, then put it back on the machine.
- Apply a bit of pressure to the back of the scale.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the Normal Preset button.
- Repeat these steps up to three times.
If your issue has not been resolved, then try Solution 2.
- Select Weigh/Rates.
- Select Zero the scale.
- Test your scale with an item of known weight.
If your issue has not been resolved, then try Solution 3.
- Remove your scale from the top of the meter.
- Restart your meter:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Place your scale back on the top of your meter.
- Test your meter by placing one letter-sized sheet of paper on the scale.
- Press Menu.
- Select Setup.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Serial Port.
- Select Attached Scale.
- Press Home.
- Test your meter by placing one letter-sized sheet of paper on the scale. It should weigh 0.2 oz.
UPDATED: 09 May 2022