Networking and connectivity details for the DM125-DM450
If you have extensive network security restrictions, your IT or network administrator may need these specifications to prepare for the installation.
Restricting access to specific URL and IP addresses could potentially cause machine condition issues in the future should Pitney Bowes update their infrastructure. In order to minimise this Pitney Bowes recommends allowing access to any URL containing pb.com.
DNS - Used to resolve a URL to an IP address.
- 126.96.36.199 (UDP on Port 53)
- 188.8.131.52 (UDP on Port 53)
Distributor - Used to obtain a list of servers meter will establish communication with active session.
- http://distservp1.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://distservp1.ecomwip.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- 184.108.40.206 (HTTP on Port 80)
- 220.127.116.11 (HTTP on Port 80)
Postal Transactions - Used to complete postal security device (PSD) audits, check your account balances, and to transfer funds from your PB Postage® or Purchase Power account to the PSD.
- https://anzcomets.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443 or Port 80 for the DM100)
- https://anzcometdrlb1.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 18.104.22.168 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 22.214.171.124 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
Download Anywhere Load Balancer - Used to send meter’s configuration and determine whether updates are available. Updates include postal tariff changes, graphics (Ads, inscriptions), feature changes, and meter firmware updates.
- http://pbdlsp1.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1t.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1k.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1.ecomwip.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- 126.96.36.199 (HTTP on Port 80)
- 188.8.131.52 (HTTP on Port 80)
File Downloads - Downloads new software, graphics, rate price data etc.
- https://dlsdlp1.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1b.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1z.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443)
- 184.108.40.206 (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443)
- 220.127.116.11 (HTTPS with SSL or TLS on Port 443)
For the below information, this information only applies when using the PC Meter Connect Utility (PCMC). When using PC Meter Connect Utility HTTPS communication uses TLS protocol.
- PC Meter Connect - PCMC desktop application updates and diagnostic error log uploads.
- https://pbdlst1.pb.com (HTTPS with TLS on Port 443)
- 18.104.22.168 (HTTPS with TLS on Port 443)
- PC Meter Connect - Used by PCMC to test internet connectivity.
- http://pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- IP Address based on region.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes.
UPDATED: 09 March 2022