Australia Post requirements on the SendPro C
Your device (Postal Security Device) has a license with Australia Post. Therefore you must follow a few basic requirements.
Products affected: SendPro® C (2H30, R2H30, 7H30C, R7H30C)
Your device (Postal Security Device) has a license with the Australia Post. Therefore you must follow a few basic requirements.
- Mail must show the correct amount of postage.
- If you move to another location, you must update Pitney Bowes. If you have an Australia Post Business Credit account you must also contact the Australia Post Credit Management team.
- Do not use envelopes that have "Postage Paid Australia" or "Affix Stamp Here". Do not print mail with already imprinted envelopes. Mail processing equipment may reject your mail. This could result in delays to processing and delivery. However, you can print a label which must cover all the existing imprint.
- You must print a return address on all metered mail. You can use a street address or a post office box address. Prefix a return address with "If undeliverable, return to:"
- Only use Australia Post approved fluorescent inks, which are available from Pitney Bowes.
- The Australia Post requires a postal inspection of your machine every 90 days. Each time you refill your postage device through the network, the Postage by Phone device Payment System computer automatically performs a postal inspection.
- The postage tape you use must meet Australia Post specifications.
UPDATED: 18 October 2023