Poor print quality or no printing on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Check your ink level, try another ink cartridge, perform a test print and clean your printheads to resolve poor print quality.
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
- Your meter does not print well. Your print quality may be streaky, fuzzy, spotty, partial, or missing completely.
- You may see one of the following error codes: 041822008D, 041822008E, 04182200B2, 418220041, 418420038, 418220044.
The device has an issue with the internal printer.
Try these solutions in order to resolve your poor print quality or no print issues:
- Make sure you have a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge
- Check your ink cartridge's ink level
- Print a test pattern
- Clean your printheads
Solution 1 Make sure you have a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge
To prevent print quality issues, make sure you use a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge.
If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge.
If you still have an issue, go to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check your ink cartridge’s ink level
Check your ink level to see if you have ink in your ink cartridge
- If yes (your ink levels are above the double horizontal lines), then go to Solution 4.
- If no (your ink levels are below the double horizontal lines), then follow these steps to replace your ink cartridge:
- When the low ink or out of ink warning appears, select Replace ink cartridge. If there is no low ink message:
- Select Settings on the Home screen
- Select Hardware
- Select Printer
- Select the Ink cartridges tab
- Select Replace ink cartridge
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
Important: If a message about the ink cartridge cover being open displays, select Clear message.
- Pull the ink cartridge straight out.
- The system warns you that the ink cartridge is not installed. Select Clear message.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the ink cartridge with the label facing upright and push into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Select Print test pattern.
- Check the test sample. If the lines are solid and unbroken, the sample is acceptable.
- Select Image is OK - Done.
If you still have an issue, go to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Print a test pattern
- From the Home screen, select Settings under Mailing.
- Select Hardware.
- Select Printer.
- Select Print Test Pattern.
- Select Start or Tape.
- If the pattern is broken or missing lines, select Not OK - Clean print head.
- If the pattern is not broken or missing lines, select Image is OK - Done.
- Select the Home button to return to the Home screen.
If no test pattern prints, go to Solution 4.
Solution 4: Clean your printheads
If your ink cartridge has ink, follow these steps to clean both of your printheads:
- Open the printer cover.
- If necessary, pull the print carriage forward.
- Open the blue lid.
- Lift one printhead out by the blue handle.
- Wipe the any excess ink off the printhead with a lint-free cloth.
- Re-insert the printhead. The print contact must be facing toward the front of the device.
- Make sure the handle is down and then apply pressure only to the center of the printhead.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 for your second printhead.
- Close the blue lid securing the printheads in position.
- Close the printer cover.
- Print another test print and clean the printer nozzles if necessary.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 28 February 2023