Creating custom email and SMS notifications in Smart Access Management
You can send customized notifications to inform users when certain events occur.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
Important: Not all notifications can be sent as SMS.
- Select Settings > Notifications and Templates.
- The system comes with several predefined templates that you can edit. To use a template to create the notification (recommended), select the Edit Notification icon next to the template you wish to use.
- To create a new notification without using a template:
- Select Add Notification.
- Enter the notification Name.
- Set the Type of notification to SAM Notification.
- Tick either the Email or SMS box under Send Via.
- Select the Condition that will trigger the notification to be sent.
- From the Action / Send Schedule menu, select when the notification will be sent.
- (Optional) Check Load Sample Message to fill in the message with a sample message that you can then edit.
- In the Subject / SMS Intro field, enter or edit the subject line.
- Enter or edit the body of the message in the Message field. To insert dynamic text such as the recipient's name, select Insert Data Field, then select the desired item.
- To see an example of how the message will look, select Preview Email. Scroll down to see the preview. Select Preview Email or Preview SMS / Text again to close the preview.
- Select Save and Close.
UPDATED: 10 November 2023