Sending a letter by Express Post on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Use Express Post for Australia Posts premium letter delivery service.
You can prepare and pay for express post letters on any Pitney Bowes meter.
Express post letters come in three sizes:
- Small (DL size) 110 x 220 mm.
- Medium (C5 Size) 162 x 229 mm.
- Large (B4 Size) 250 x 353 mm.
In all these examples. the maximum envelope thickness is 20 mm and the maximum item weight is 500 grams. If your mailpiece exceeds these dimensions, it is considered a parcel.
View the current Australia Post Express Post fact sheet for further information.
To send Express Post letters on your meter:
- Tap Run Mail from the Home screen.
- Tap Class.
- Tap Start again.
- Scroll down the class list until Domestic Parcel appears.
- Scroll down the list until Express Post envelopes appears. Choose the appropriate size.
- Place the envelope or envelopes on the feed deck. Tap Start to feed the envelopes.
A correctly franked Express Post envelope shows EX SML ENVE, EX MED ENV or EX LRG ENV:
- Tracking - If you want your Express Post item to have a tracking label, you need to affix one to the envelope. Australia Post Express Post tracking labels are available from Post Offices at no charge.
- Extra Services such as Signature on Delivery and extra cover – You can purchase these optional features from the Post Office when you lodge your letter.
- Lodgement – Be sure to lodge your Express Post letter at a yellow roadside collection box, or at your local Post Office to ensure it is treated as a priority item.
UPDATED: 10 May 2023