Obtaining your credentials for integrating Smart Access Management with Microsoft Entra ID
You can configure Smart Access Management to integrate with Microsoft Entra ID. This was previously known as Azure Active Directory.
You will need to obtain the following credentials from Microsoft Entra ID. You will need to contact your IT department for this information.
- Tenant ID
- Client ID
- Client Secret
Finding your Tenant ID
- Sign into the Microsoft Entra ID portal. Your IT department will have their credentials.
- From the homepage, click Microsoft Entra ID and copy the Tenant ID.
Create a new app registration and Client ID
- From the left-hand pane, click App registrations and then click New registration.
- Name the new registration Smart Access Management.
- For Supported account types, select Accounts in this organizational directory only (Default Directory only – Single tenant) and click Register.
- Copy the new Client ID.
Create a new client secret
- From within the new app registration, click Certificates & secrets and then click New client secret.
- Enter a description of Smart Access Management secret, select an expiration value and click Add.
- Copy the new client secret Value. The client secret will not be visible if you return to this page later.
Set API permissions
- From the left-hand pane, click API permissions and then click Add a permission.
- Click Microsoft Graph.
- Click Application permissions.
- Scroll down and expand Directory, select Directory.Read.All and click Add permissions.
- The status of the new permission may initially display as Not granted for <name here>.
- In which case wait a minute and then click Grant admin consent for <name here> and click Yes to confirm.
- The status should then display as Granted for <name here>.
Configure Smart Access Management
- Sign in to the Smart Access Management website., click Settings and then click Integrations.
- Complete the fields as shown and click Save.
UPDATED: 16 October 2023