Sending a Domestic parcel via an Australia Post flat rate parcel on the DM300-DM450
When you buy Flat rate satchels, you only pay for the cost of the satchel itself, not the postage. You add the postage via your meter when you use the satchel. This means no more old price satchels left in your stationary cupboard after a postal rate change.
The advantage is you can use these satchels to domestic parcels up to 5 KG. They all fall under Australia Post's If it packs, it posts satchel policy so can unlock significant savings for your business. If you can fit your heavy item into a small satchel, you only pay for the small parcel price.
Australia Post produce a range of flat rate satchels. There are 4 sizes:
- Extra large.
To generate a postage label on your meter:
- Press Home.
- Place the parcel on the scale. The parcel weight appears.
- Select Class.
- For Parcel post, select SurfSatchel. For Express post, select EXP Satchel. You may need to press Page Down to locate these options.
- Make the appropriate selection corresponding to the size of the satchel.
- You can now either feed a label manually or press Tape to print a tape. Peel off the backing tape and adhere the label to the Satchel.
- If you need tracking, Parcel post and Express post tracking stickers are available through Australia Post. Please note the postage barcode printed by the meter is not a tracking barcode.
- You can lodge your item at any Australia Post outlet, or at an Australia Post roadside collection box. Please note red collection boxes are for Parcel post and yellow collection boxes are for Express post articles.
- Order Flat Rate satchels from Australia Post.
- For more information about flat rate packaging visit the Australia Post website.
UPDATED: 22 January 2024