What is ValueMAX®?
ValueMAX is a repair/replacement service for leased equipment. Although it is not insurance, ValueMAX, which is provided by Pitney Bowes, enables you to have stolen, damaged, or destroyed equipment repaired or replaced at no additional cost. The only cost for this service is a flat, low, monthly fee. This benefit is not applicable if any damage is caused to the equipment through your gross negligence, wilful misconduct, normal wear and tear, or if you are in default under your Pitney Bowes lease.
What are the benefits of ValueMAX?
- Equipment repair/replacement. Equipment under this plan is eligible for repairs or replacement in the event of theft, damage, or destruction.
- No exclusions. There are no exclusions outside of gross negligence, wilful misconduct, normal wear and tear and default. Normal wear and tear is covered by your Equipment Maintenance Agreement (EMA), with exceptions noted in your EMA.
- No deductibles. No unexpected out-of-pocket costs in case of a loss event.
- Fast equipment replacement. The ValueMAX team works directly with you on the replacement process. Equipment is usually repaired or replaced with like-for-like equipment within 5-7 business days*.
- Peace of mind protection. We offer a hassle-free process with no forms to fill out, and no need to wait for an insurance adjustor.
How does the ValueMAX program work?
With the ValueMAX service, you receive complete, no-hassle replacement or repair at no additional cost. This includes delivery and installation of replacement equipment. There is no depreciation allowance, or a deductible under this program.
What is the difference between ValueMAX and my own insurance?
ValueMAX is not insurance. ValueMAX is the Asset Protection Program provided by Pitney Bowes in the event of theft, damage, or destruction to equipment leased from Pitney Bowes. ValueMAX does not have any deductibles or exclusions, other than normal wear and tear, gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of the lessee or default under the lease.
Many insurance policies may have high deductibles in order to keep premium costs down, and in many cases, may have exclusions (i.e., flood or water damage, power surge, earthquake, accidents). In many cases, you may end up having to pay out of pocket for repair or replacement if you are not signed up to ValueMAX.
What is the difference between ValueMAX and an Equipment Maintenance Agreement (EMA)?
ValueMAX protects the equipment against any loss event, other than wear and tear, gross negligence, or wilful misconduct on the part of the lessee or default under the lease. Equipment Maintenance Agreements (EMA) covers the equipment for service and normal wear and tear, with the exceptions noted in that EMA.
When does the ValueMAX program kick-in?
The ValueMAX program takes effect once the Rental Agreement is signed by both the client and Pitney Bowes.
What do I do if I have a loss?
In the event of equipment loss, call Pitney Bowes Service on 13 23 63 (Choose option 2). Our call centre hours are 8am to 7pm AEST, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with the following details:
- Serial number of the machine
- Company name
- Contact name
- Contact number
- Site address of equipment
- Purchase order number (if applicable)
- Equipment fault description
- Indicate this is a ValueMAX claim
Once we receive your email a Technical Service agent will get back to you as soon as possible.
* Delivery times for repair or replacement depend on location.