The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Getting a Refund or Credit
UPDATED: 06 May 2016
At some point you may need a postage refund or a credit on your postage, supplies, or Purchase Power account(s). Determining your specific needs will help you select the appropriate course of action.
Do you need a refund or a credit?
Depending on your method of payment, you may receive a credit to your account or, if appropriate, a refund check will be sent to you.
For postage, a refund request may not be required. You can transfer funds back to your postage account from a meter that you plan to return. Those funds can be accessed and used on another Pitney Bowes meter on your account.
Before asking for a refund, consider why you are making this request:
- Managing funds when returning, replacing or upgrading your equipment
- Returning supplies purchased from our online Shop
- Returning supplies acquired through Purchase Power
- Refunds for misprinted or printed and unused postage
- Reducing a credit balance or retrieving an overpayment
- Accidentally overfilling a postage meter
- Bankruptcies, receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors (only)
Tips and notes
- Refunds typically take two weeks to process and will be sent to the address on file with Pitney Bowes.
- Be sure to cancel your Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Schedule Pay/Automatic Clearing House (ACH) payments if you will no longer be using your account.
- Free postage sent via coupons or other means is not refundable.
Once your request has been processed, a confirmation number will be sent to you via email if you fill in the optional email field on the Refund Request form. If your request has been rejected or needs further attention, Pitney Bowes will alert you via the same email address.
When more than one meter is associated with your postage account and you are requesting a refund, be sure to retrieve the exact amount you require. Depleting the postage account of all funds will affect other mailing operations within your company.