The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Using the Pitney Bowes Reserve Account (FDIC Insured)
UPDATED: 11 July 2016
A Reserve Account (FDIC Insured) is a deposit account used to fund meter, permit, and mailhouse postage. Funds are held in an FDIC-insured account at The Pitney Bowes Bank, Inc., and earn interest in the form of postage credits based on the average daily balance.
How to deposit additional funds into my Reserve Account:
- Use our Scheduled Pay option to arrange electronic deposits at set intervals (monthly, weekly, semi-monthly), or when the balance reaches a minimum threshold defined by you. Learn more about setting up recurring Reserve Account deposits.
- Mail your check with the Reserve Account Deposit Coupon. Make future payments easier to track with a free, personalized payment coupon book, available to order online using Your Account profile.
- Add funds directly into your account with ACH & Fed Wire Reserve Account Deposits.
Need a deposit coupon?
Send your deposit to the appropriate address using the Reserve Account Deposit Coupon. Remember: Add your Postage Account 8-digit number to the coupon.
- Postage Account -- often referred to as Postage by Phone (PBP) or Reserve Account -- is an 8-digit number associated with refilling postage and organizing your postage funds
- Your Account number -- BPN (Business Partner Number) is a 10-digit number
How to activate a Reserve Account:
Print the Tax Payer Identification Form
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is your Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you are a partnership, corporation, bank, non-profit organization, state or government agency.
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is your Social Security Number if you are a sole proprietor.
- Once completed and signed, fax the form back to us: 1-203-546-2277.
Send the Reserve Account Deposit Coupon along with your initial deposit to the appropriate address. Be sure to add your 8-digit Postage by Phone Account number to the coupon.
Regular Mail - Please allow up to 7-10 days for mail and processing time.
PO Box 223648
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-2648
Express Mail - Please allow up to three days for mail and processing time.
Attn: PO Box 223648
500 Ross Street Suite 154-0460
Pittsburgh, PA 15262-0001