"Invalid Preset Settings" or unresponsive scale on the on the DM300-DM400
Zero your scale, reboot your meter, and check your serial port setting to resolve your scale not weighing on the DM300, or DM400.
Products affected: DM300™, DM400™
Your machine displays the "Invalid Preset Settings" message or the attached scale does not respond when you place an item on it.
Your meter does not communicate with your attached scale.
There are four ways to troubleshoot this issue; try them in this order:
- Solution 1: Reseat the scale
- Solution 2: Zero your scale
- Solution 3: Restart your meter
- Solution 4: Check your serial port setting
Solution 1: Reseat the scale
- Lift the scale off your machine, then put it back on the machine.
- Apply a bit of pressure to the back of the scale.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the Normal Preset button.
- Repeat these steps up to three times.
If your issue has not been resolved, then try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Zero your scale
- Select Weigh/Rates.
- Select Zero the scale.
- Test your scale with an item of known weight.
If your issue has not been resolved, then try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Restart your meter
- Remove your scale from the top of the meter.
- Restart your meter:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Place your scale back on the top of your meter.
- Test your meter by placing one letter-sized sheet of paper on the scale.
Solution 4: Check your serial port setting
- Press Menu.
- Select Setup.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Serial Port.
- Select Attached Scale.
- Press Home.
- Test your meter by placing one letter-sized sheet of paper on the scale. It should weigh 0.2 oz.
UPDATED: 13 February 2023
Report an issue from your inbox.
0800 748 639
Mon – Fri, 8am - 5pm (Ex. Public Holiday)