Envelopes or tapes are not sealing or only partially sealing.
The system may be low on sealing solution, or there may be an issue with the moistener brush.
Your meter displays 'Out of E-Z Seal' message:
- Make sure that the sealer bottle contains sufficient fluid.
- Make sure that the sealer bottle is seated properly in the holder.
Note: The bottle should make a "glug" sound when it is seated properly.
Check the brush:
- Connect+ 500W, Connect+ 1000, and Connect+ 2000: Press the blue button on the feed deck, then pull the brush out.
- Turn the (a) moistener pad assembly over and examine the (b) moisture pad. Note the location of the (c) wick.
- Sealing Envelopes on the Connect+ 3000: Pull up and to the left on the (a) top release lever to expose the (b) moistener deck., then lift the blue handle on the feed deck. The brush assembly will then slide out.
- Sealing tapes on the Connect+ 3000: Put the blue lever nearest you to the right and pull the brush assembly out.
Note: An incorrect installation can keep the brush from contacting the wick properly. If the moistener brush is dry follow the same steps as Out of E-Z Seal.
If the moistener brush is dirty:
- Remove the moistener brush.
- Clean the moistener brush with water and rinse it thoroughly.
- Reinstall the moistener brush.
If the glue is slow-acting:
- Remove the mail from the stacker.
- Examine the mailpieces and ensure that each envelope flap is seated flat against the body of the envelope.
- If necessary, tap the mail on the table to ensure all the mailpieces are even with each other.
- With the mail facing you, run your hand across the top of the stack while squeezing the stack together. Repeat this process as needed.
- Allow the envelopes to dry undisturbed.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 22 April 2021