Clearing Material Jams in the Carriage Assembly in Relay 2500, 3500, 4500
If the Clear Deck function doesn't clear the jam, follow these steps to physically clear the jam.
- Remove the insert feeder.
- Remove fold plate 2.
- Pull out the carriage assembly.
- Remove the jammed material. If necessary, use the manual advance knob to move the material forward.
- Reinstall the carriage assembly.
Tap the Clear Deck button to clear the paper path of any remaining material.
- Tap the Start button to resume operation.
Once you locate the jammed material, you may need to use the manual advance knob to manually feed paper out of the grip of feed rollers.
The manual advance knob is located behind the drop-down cover at the left front of the inserter.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021