Troubleshooting envelope box fold on the DI900-DI950 and Relay 5000-8000
Learn how to resolve an envelope box fold (flap folded in wrong location) on the outer envelope flap on the DI900, DI950, Relay 5000, Relay 6000, Relay 7000 or Relay 8000.
Products affected: Relay™ 5000, Relay™ 6000, Relay™ 7000, Relay™ 8000, DI900™, DI950™
IssueWhen the envelopes are ejected from the inserter, the flaps have a box fold. That is, the flaps are folded over in a location other than the standard crease.
CauseThere are two possible causes for this issue:
- Material that is being inserted into the envelope is skewed or not entering the envelopes properly.
- When the inserter is trying to close the flap in the Trial Piece exit area, the measurement of the outer envelope is incorrect and the flap is being folded in a location other than the crease.
ResolutionTo resolve this issue:
- Remove any partially fed material from the feed trays.
- Open the front cover.
- Check for jams in the folder (area above knob 3).
- Closed all jam release knobs and covers.
- Press Cancel to clear the error.
- Press Clear Deck to remove any material that is still in the system.
- Verify that the correct material is loaded for the job.
UPDATED: 14 June 2023