Troubleshooting gate fold instead of half fold on the DI900-DI950 and Relay 5000-8000
Learn how to correct a gate fold instead of a half fold on the DI900, DI950, Relay 5000, Relay 6000, Relay 7000 and Relay 8000.
Products affected: DI900, DI950, Relay 5000, Relay 6000, Relay 7000, Relay 8000
IssueThe document is feed from feeders J, K, or both, moves through the inserter, and is driven into the outer envelope without errors or stoppage. However, the document is folded incorrectly, causing the envelope window to display the document header instead of the recipient’s address. The top and bottom edges of the document are folded over, creating a gate fold instead of a half fold.
CauseThe first 3 inches of the material is getting folded over before the document goes into the folder.
ResolutionTo resolve this issue:
- Power off the High Capacity Sheet Feeder (HCSF).
- Wait one minute.
- Power the HCSF back on.
- Re-select the desired job.
- Load material into the proper trays.
- Press Trial Piece and inspect the completed mail piece.
- If the mail piece is correct, press Start to run the job.
UPDATED: 10 May 2022