Products affected: SendPro® C (2H25)
The device is not sealing or only partially sealing envelopes.
There may be inadequate sealant in the moistener tank, or an issue with the wick or brush in the moistener.
- Be sure to slide the envelope flap under the edge of the feed deck. Otherwise, the moistener cannot wet the flap.
- Check the sealant level by looking at the sight glass on the left side of the moistener tank.
- If the sealant level is low, add sealing solution until it reaches the bottom of the fill hole. Do not overfill the moistener tank.
- If the tank was empty, allow 30 minutes for the moistener brush and wick to get completely wet before trying to use the moistener.
- Check if the moistener brush is dry. If it is:
- Make sure that the white thumbscrews on the bottom of the sealer are tight.
- Try wetting the moistener brush manually.
- Make sure that the brush is contacting the wick. Lift the wick up slightly so that it contacts the brush.
- Check if the moistener brush is dirty. If it is, remove the moistener brush, clean it in plain water, and rinse thoroughly.
UPDATED: 15 September 2021