Print a test pattern to see if the printhead is working properly or if you have enough ink in the cartridge.
- Tap Settings on the toolbar.
- Scroll down and tap .
- Tap Print Test Pattern.
- Feed the envelope through the device when the message "Print a Test Pattern?" appears.
- Examine the pattern printed on the envelope:
- Tap Done if the lines are unbroken and match the "Good" test pattern shown on the display.
- Tap Clean Printhead if the test pattern has missing or incomplete lines
- Once the cleaning operation completes, you must print another test pattern.
- If this new pattern still has broken or missing lines, you may need to replace the ink cartridge or clean or replace the printhead.
- If you see no improvement in print quality, do not repeat the cleaning, as cleaning the print nozzles consumes ink.
Good Test Pattern
Bad Test Pattern
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: April 23, 2021