Creating a default preset on the DM50, DM55
A preset is a snapshot of franking machine settings that are most commonly used. It creates what is known as a default. If the preset feature is enabled, the franking machine shows the preset values when it is turned on or 'wakes up' after sleep mode.
The franking machine can only hold one preset. To edit the current preset, create a new preset to replace the existing one.
To use a preset, the preset feature must first be enabled.
To create a new franking machine preset, you first need to select the desired settings on your franking machine: carrier, class, mail type, envelope message.
- From the Home screen, press Review (down) to see what options are currently selected.
- Class and Mail type (Letter, Large Letter, etc).
- Account (if the meter's Accounting feature is enabled).
- Ad (Envelope Message).
- If you are happy with these settings, proceed to step 3. Otherwise, from the Home screen, press Enter/Yes to select new values:
- Mail type (Letter, Large Letter, etc)
- Ad (Envelope Message)
- To save these settings as a preset on your franking machine:
- Press Menu/Options.
- Press Review (down) until Change setup? appears.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Press Review (down) until Use preset setup? appears.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- When View stored preset? appears, press No.
- When Store new preset? appears, press Enter/Yes.
- When Review settings to be stored? (yes/no) appears, select one of the following options:
- Press Enter/Yes if you want to review the current settings.
- Press No to go to the next step without reviewing the settings.
- Press Enter/Yes to confirm the storing of the new preset.
- When View new preset? appears, press No.
- When Stay in setup? appears, press No. The franking machine returns to the Home screen.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 23 April 2021