Poor print quality on the DM50, DM55
Poor print quality or no printing issues can occur due to several factors, including lack of use, overuse, or ink issues.
Products affected: DM50™, DM55™ (K724)
Print quality issues have occurred:
- Print is faded, blurry or streaky.
- Print is not clear and hard to read, smudged or smeared.
- A printing issue has occurred e.g. Only partial print of the frank.
Several factors can contribute to deterioration in print quality:
- Lack of use: When the franking machine is idle for a long time, dried ink from previous printings can clog the nozzles in the print head.
- Overuse: Overuse increases wear and tear on the print head and can lead to issues.
- Ink issues: Low ink or no ink in the ink cartridge can impair print quality and cause other problems with the franking machine.
- Select Menu/Options.
- Press Review (down) to Use ink functions.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Press Review (down) to Clean printer nozzles.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Insert an envelope or tape sheet when prompted.
- Press Enter/Yes if the print issue is resolved.
- Press No to repeat a purge if the print issue is unresolved. You can repeat this process three times if necessary.
If the issue still occurs after 3 attempts please contact Technical Support.
If the Low Ink or Ink Out message appears:
- If Low Ink appears, you can continue to print, but the ink supply is almost gone and you need to replace the ink cartridge soon.
- If Ink Out appears, the ink supply is completely gone and you must replace the cartridge. Install a new postal approved ink cartridge immediately.
To order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge, click the Order Ink button:
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 11 March 2022
Create a case
Submit support requests (Sign in required)
+353 (0) 1 4608700
Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm GMT