An Post periodically changes the postal rates. If new rates are available, you can download them onto your franking machine from the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
The franking machine tells you when a Rate Change update is complete. It also tells you if the update is immediate or takes effect at a later date by listing the new date. Once the effective date is reached, the franking machine automatically switches to the new rates.
Important: This update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
- Make sure that your franking machine is connected via SmartLink™, PC Meter Connect, or via analogue phone line, in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Press Add Postage.
- Select Check PbP Balance.
- The franking machine connects to Pitney Bowes.
- When the connection has been made, PBP balance appears.
- Select No to skip adding funds.
- At this point, if the franking machine returns to the home screen, it is likely that the new rates have already downloaded.
- The franking machine checks for, downloads and install the new rates.
- When the update has finished, follow the prompts until you return to the main screen.
- You may receive a request to reconnect for a further upload or download, proceed by re-connecting and follow any prompts.
- On the day of the rate change, you will receive a further upload or download request. Follow the screen prompts to complete this. The new rates are then active.
Use your smartphone to follow the steps while in front of your franking machine. You can also send the URL for this page to your smartphone email account, then click on the link.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 22 April 2021