“Waste Tank Full” or “Waste Tank Near Full” message on the DM100, DM125i, DM175i
The message "Waste Tank Full” or “Waste Tank Near Full” appears and the franking machine may not print.
Excess ink from when the franking machine cleans the printhead and from heavy use will eventually fill the ink waste tank in the franking machine.
When the ink waste tank nears capacity, the franking machine shows the message Waste Tank Near Full. When the ink waste tank reaches full capacity, the franking machine shows Waste Tank Full.
Waste Tank Nearly Full
- The Tank is nearly full message appears. Press Continue to return to the Home screen.
- Enter Diagnostic Mode by entering the code 6946. Press Add Postage.
- Select Diagnostics.
- Select PM Maintenance.
- Press Page Down until Reset Waste Tank appears.
- The franking machine gives a warning message. Press Yes/Enter to continue.
- Waste Ink Tank flag reset appears. Select Press to restart. Enter 9287 if the franking machine asks for a code to proceed.
- A message Initialising appears. Once the franking machine finishes rebooting you return to the Home screen.
Waste Tank Full
- The Waste Ink Tank Full Replacement Required message appears.
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Select Maintenance Mode.
- Select Printer Maintenance.
- Select Replacement.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. You're prompted to open the cover to start the replacement. Open the cover, (remove the attached scale first), and the ink tank will move forwards.
- Close the cover. You will shortly be returned to the Home screen.
- Now follow steps 2 - 8 within the Waste Tank Nearly Full process above to enter Diagnostic Mode and Reset Waste Tank to clear the error.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 11 March 2022