Networking and connectivity details for the DM50, DM55, DM100, DM125i and DM175i and DM300C- DM400C
If you have extensive network security restrictions, your IT or network administrator may need these specifications to prepare for the installation.
Restricting access to specific URL and IP addresses could potentially cause machine condition issues in the future should Pitney Bowes update their infrastructure. In order to minimise this Pitney Bowes recommends allowing access to any URL containing pb.com.
DNS - Used to resolve a URL to an IP address.
- 188.8.131.52 (UDP on Port 53)
- 184.108.40.206 (UDP on Port 53)
Distributor - Used to obtain a list of servers meter will establish communication with active session.
Postal Transactions - Used to complete postal security device (PSD) audits, check your account balances, and to transfer funds from your PB Postage® or Purchase Power account to the PSD.
- http://distservp1.pb.com (Port 80)
- https://distservp1.pb.com (Port 443)
- http://comet2.ct.pb.com (Port 80)
- https://comet2.ct.pb.com (Port 443)
Data Upload - Used to upload meter accounting data for Inview and Total Meter Reporting.
- https://acctservp1.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- https://acctservp1.ecomwip.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 220.127.116.11 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 18.104.22.168 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
Download Anywhere Load Balancer - Used to send meter’s configuration and determine whether updates are available. Updates include postal tariff changes, graphics (Ads, inscriptions), feature changes, and meter firmware updates.
- http://pbdlsp1.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1t.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1k.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- http://pbdlsp1.ecomwip.pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- 22.214.171.124 (HTTP on Port 80)
- 126.96.36.199 (HTTP on Port 80)
File Downloads - Downloads new Software, graphics, rate price data etc.
- https://dlsdlp1.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1b.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- https://dlsdlp1z.pb.com (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 188.8.131.52 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
- 184.108.40.206 (HTTPS with SSL/TLS on Port 443)
K7xx Only File Downloads - Downloads new Software, graphics, rate price data etc.
- http://novafiles.s3.amazonaws.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- For IP Addresses please check locally as these vary depending on region.
PC Meter Connect
For the below information, this information only applies when using the PC Meter Connect Utility (PCMC). When using PC Meter Connect Utility HTTPS communication will use TLS protocol.
- PC Meter Connect - PCMC desktop application updates and diagnostic error log uploads.
- https://pbdlst1.pb.com (HTTPS with TLS on Port 443)
- 220.127.116.11 (HTTPS with TLS on Port 443)
- PC Meter Connect - Used by PCMC to test Internet connectivity.
- http://pb.com (HTTP on Port 80)
- IP Address based on region.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings.
UPDATED: 21 June 2023