No Dial Tone message on the DM50, DM55, DM100-DM400C
The No Dial Tone message appears when you perform tasks that require you to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre, such as:
- Adding funds and checking your balance.
- Downloading rates and software updates.
Your franking machine lost its connection to the Data Centre.
The No Dial Tone message is a generic message for all connection methods, even those connected digitally via a SmartLink device or PC Meter Connect.
Solution 1: Check all physical connections
- Check that all wires and cables are securely connected to attached devices or computers.
- If digitally connected, check that your internet (wired or wireless) connection appears to be connected and operational in your location.
- Check if other devices in your location also lost their internet connections. If they have, follow your normal procedures to re-establish your internet connection or contact your internet provider.
- Ensure that you do not have a phone line connected to your franking machine.
If your issue has not been resolved, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Reboot your franking machine
- Remove the power cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power lead back in.
If rebooting your franking machine does not resolve your issue, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your connection method
Identify your connection method from the list and follow the link to the relevant troubleshooting article to learn how to restart your connection method:
- SmartLink device
- LAN (Ethernet device)
- PC Meter Connect
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings.
UPDATED: 21 June 2023