When your ink supply is low or exhausted, your franking machine gives either a Low Ink message or Ink Out message. You need to replace the ink cartridge when you see one of these warnings.
The actual ink usage varies and depends on whether envelope messages are routinely printed, how many pieces of mail are printed, and other factors.
Low Ink warning
Replace the ink cartridge soon. The system can print approximately 300 more impressions.
Replace the ink tank as soon as possible to avoid running out of ink.
Ink Out warning
Replace the ink cartridge immediately. The ink supply is exhausted and the franking machine will not print.
No Ink Tank message
If a new ink cartridge has been installed and this message appears, contact Pitney Bowes for a replacement cartridge or click the Order Ink button.
- If you have a scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the franking machine.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The Moving Ink Tank message appears.
- When the Install Ink Tank / Print Head screen appears, unlock the green ink tank cartridge guard.
- Lift and remove the old ink cartridge.
- Remove the tape from the bottom of the new ink cartridge.
- Lower the ink cartridge into the cavity. The ridges on either side of the cartridge will slide into the grooves.
- Close the green ink tank cartridge guard. It should click when fully closed.
- Close the cover. The system automatically recognises the new cartridge.
- When the franking machine prompts to print a test pattern, select one of the following options:
- Select Yes, Print Test Pattern to print a test pattern.
- Select No to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen.
- If you removed a scale, place it back on top of the franking machine.
- Press Normal Preset to return to your default settings.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 22 April 2021