Downloading rate updates on the DM300C, DM400C
An Post periodically changes the postal rates. If new rates are available, you can download them onto your franking machine from the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
The franking machine tells you when a Rate Change update is complete. It also tells you if the update is immediate or takes effect at a later date by listing the new date. Once the effective date is reached, the franking machine automatically switches to the new rates.
Important: This update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
- Before you start, make certain your system is connected via SmartLink™, wired or wireless LAN or via PC Meter Connect in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Press Refill Postage.
- Select Check PBP Balance.
- Select Continue. The franking machine will then check for, download and install the new rates.
- At this point, if the franking machine returns to the home screen, it is likely that the new rates have already downloaded.
- When the update has finished, follow the screen prompts until you return to the Home screen. Do not switch off until the process is finished.
- You may receive a request to reconnect for a further upload / download. Proceed by re-connecting and follow any prompts.
- Once downloaded, the new tariffs will be held in memory until the effective date.
UPDATED: 02 February 2023