The franking machine shows one of the following error codes or system messages, and will not connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre:
- Error codes on franking machine: 1813, 94, 200D, DE00, DE03, DE04, DE05, DE06, DE07, DE08, DE09, DE0A, DE0B, DE0C, DE0D, DE0E, DE0F, DE10, DE11, DE12, DE13, DE14, DE15, DE16, DE17, DE18, DE19, DE1A, DE1B, DE1C, DE1C, DE1D, DE1E, DE1F, DE20, DE21, DE22, DE23, DE24, DE25, DE26, DE27, DE28, DE29, DE30
- Error codes in PC Meter Connect: EDE00, EDE03, EDE04, EDE05, EDE06, EDE07, EDE08, EDE09, EDE0A, EDE0B, EDE0C, EDE0D, EDE0E, EDE0F, EDE10, EDE11, EDE12, EDE13, EDE14, EDE15, EDE16, EDE17, EDE18, EDE19, EDE1A, EDE1B, EDE1C, EDE1C, EDE1D, EDE1E, EDE1F, EDE20, EDE21, EDE22, EDE23, EDE24, EDE25, EDE26, EDE27, EDE28, EDE30
- Messages: No Dial Tone, Data Centre Busy, Link Negotiation Failed, No Carrier Detected, No Carrier Detected Online, Modem Connection to AT & T Failed, Invalid User Id/Password, No Modem Detected, Connection Dropped, Cannot Reach Data Centre, Line Busy, and Connection Lost, Intellilink dropped, No Carrier Detected On Line
The franking machine is not connecting to the server.
You are not connecting using our newest device. We recommend that you upgrade for free to our latest connection device, SmartLink™.
SmartLink™ connects your franking machine to your LAN (Local Area Network) via an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. It enables you to add postage and perform data uploads with speed and ease, as well as access postage rates and software updates automatically by connecting your franking machine digitally to Pitney Bowes.
Restart your franking machine. Follow these steps for a safe restart:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
PC Meter Connect™
For issues connecting over the internet via computer using the PC Meter Connect application, first make sure that the franking machine's connection mode is set to Auto:
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Data Centre Options.
- Press Page Down.
- The third option is Connection Mode: ...:
- If Connection Mode: Phone appears, press the corresponding button on the left. The franking machine will return to the Data Centre Options page. Press Page Down. Connection Mode: Auto should now appear.
- If Connection Mode: Auto appears, press Home to return to the Home screen.
Analogue telephone line
Consider changing your connection method to a faster, more reliable and cost-effective digital connection. We recommend that you upgrade for free to our latest connection device, SmartLink™.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 22 April 2021