Downloading and installing PC Meter Connect version 05.00.0081
Use PC Meter Connect software to turn your computer into a connection device that connects your franking machine to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre. These instructions are for first-time users who have never installed PC Meter Connect on this computer.
See Updating your version of PC Meter Connect for instructions if you are upgrading your PC Meter Connect software on the computer you’re using now.
What is PC Meter Connect?
PC Meter Connect™ is Windows-based software that allows you to connect your franking machine to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre using your computer's internet connection.
Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported.
Use your PC Meter Connect connection method to download postage from your Pitney Bowes accounts and automatically update your franking machine's software and postal rates.
Follow these steps to download and install your new version of PC Meter Connect.
- Ensure that your Windows computer meets the following minimum system requirements to use PC Meter Connect™ (PCMC):
Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported
- Windows 8 or 10 operating system with the latest service packs, up to and including Win 10 v1803. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hardware supported *
- 1.2 GHz processor, 512 Mb RAM
- Internet connection
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.5 (will be automatically installed if not found on your computer). This is a one-time installation.
- Available USB port
- Administrative rights (when your computer allows you to install software)
- Sign in to your computer with administrator privileges that allow you to install software.
- Place your computer near your franking machine so that you can connect your computer and franking machine using a USB cable.
- Unplug your USB cable from your franking machine and your computer.
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your franking machine.
- Click the Download button to download the latest PC Meter Connect setup file to your computer:
Latest version of PC Meter Connect desktop application: 05.00.0081
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on your setup.exe file to start your installation.
- Plug your USB cable back in your franking machine and your computer.
- Plug your power cord back in your franking machine.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen to finish installing your PC Meter Connect software.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.Related articles
UPDATED: 23 April 2021