Troubleshooting connection issues on the Connect+ Series
The Connect+ Series has one of the following issues:
- The franking machine will not refill postage.
- The franking machine will not download updates.
- Manage accounts cannot be accessed.
- Items under tools show a blank page.
or shows error code:
- 018061001A: An error occurred while uploading transaction records
- 018061001B: Account synchronization error
- 018761000A: Icom failed to connect
- 018761000B: Data centre URL error
- 018761000E: Icom using default URL
- 018761000F: Icom found no files to upload
- 0187A10017: No network connection detected
- 0193A1000F: Connection to data center is busy
- 019541000A: Data centre not available
- 019561000B: Distributor error
- 019561003B: Data centre cannot verify signature
- 019721001C: System internal error
- 019721001E: PB Customer Configuration Data error
- 019721001F: System connection error
- 020124001C: Failed to connect to required URL
- Data center connection timeout occurred: 018761000D, 018761000C
- Data center not available: 019561003A, 019561001D, 019561000E
- 0180610013, 0180610014, 0180610014, 0180610015, 0186610008, 0187410013, 0187610002, 0187610003, 0187610004, 0187610005, 0187610006, 0187610008, 0187610014, 0187610015, 0187610016, 0187610017, 0187810001, 0187810007, 0187810009, 0190410010, 0195610012, 0195610013, 0195610014, 0195610015, 0195610016, 0195610027, 0195610029, 0195610038, 0195610041, 0197210006, 0197210007, 0197210008, 0197210009, 0197210017, 019721001B, 0197410012, 0197410013
The franking machine cannot complete the connection to Pitney Bowes.
Solution 1: Check the physical connection
- Select Clear Message to clear the error.
- Check for green/amber or orange/amber lights where your network cable plugs into the back of your franking machine:
- If you see lights, your network cable is connected.
- If you see no lights, make sure both ends of the network cable are plugged in securely.
Solution 2: Restart the franking machine.
- Select the gear icon from the lower right corner of the home screen.
- Select Shut Down from the menu.
- Select Shut Down from the pop-up.
- Wait for the display and blue light to go out. This may take a few minutes.
- Press the Power button.
- Clear any errors and test the connection.
Solution 3: Perform a network test.
If the franking machine is on version 24 or higher the error code will have a button to run the network test. The network test is the best way to find out what the franking machine cannot connect too.
The Network test can also be run from the settings menu.
- From the Home screen, select the Settings button within Mailing.
- Select Internet & Network.
- Select Network Test.
- Select Perform network test. The icon next to each item will tell you the status of the network test.
- A blue circle means the test is still running.
- A green check mark means the test passed.
- A red circle with an exclamation point mean the test failed.
Select Show Details next to any failed item and the franking machine appears:
- The URL that the franking machine could not connect to.
- The Http error code for the failure.
- It may give a possible resolution.
You should then show the results of any failures to your IT department.
Solution 4 (Optional): If you are connecting with a wireless hotspot (3G/4G):
- Power down the hotspot by pressing the power button or removing the power cable.
- Remove the network cable from the hotspot.
- Wait one minute.
- Power the hotspot back on.
- Wait for the hotspot to display the signal strength or the internet light to turn on.
- Reconnect the network cable.
- From the Home screen of your franking machine, select Rates & Updates.
- If you receive an infrastructure error, select Retry.
- If you are still having issues, reboot the franking machine.
Solution 5: Review Networking and Connectivity details
Review Networking and Connectivity details with your IT department. Ensure your network does not prevent your franking machine from connecting to Pitney Bowes.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings.
UPDATED: 21 June 2023