Products affected: Relay™ 1000
Envelopes are not sealing or are sealing incompletely.
Envelopes are not being sufficiently moistened.
- Confirm that the Seal indicator is lit.
- Confirm that there is plenty of sealing solution in the moistener tank. The tank is located beneath the Start and Stop button.
- Pull the moistener tank out and wipe off the wicks. If the wicks are worn and dirty, order new wicks.
- If the sealer has new wicks installed, wait ten minutes to ensure that the sealant has soaked into the wick sufficiently, then try again. Prime the wicks by rubbing a finger across the top of wicks.
- Confirm that the machine is on a level surface. The sealing solution may be favouring one side of the sealer unit.
- Turn on the Safe Seal mode to ensure that the machine allows enough time to transfer the sealant to the envelope flaps:
- Press Menu/Enter until Safe Seal is Off. Change? appears.
- Select Yes.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 06 May 2021