Creating a custom preset on the DM300C-DM400C
A preset is a snapshot of franking machine settings that are most commonly used. To create a new franking machine preset, you first need to decide the desired settings for the preset on your franking machine: class, mail type, envelope message (ad) and / or text message.
Your system has a "normal" preset (the settings you use most often) which is accessed by pressing the Normal Preset key. It also has the ability to store up to 10 "custom" presets which are accessed by pressing the Custom Presets key and choosing the desired preset from the menu.
Before you create a new preset, first select the desired settings on your franking machine:
- From the Home screen, select Class and select the options that you wish to be saved as a preset:
- Mail type (Letter, Large Letter, etc)
- Ad (Envelope Message)
- Text message
- The franking machine returns to the Home screen. The Home screen now displays the class and mail type (and the corresponding price), ad and text message.
To save these values as the franking machine's default settings (the default state when the franking machine is first powered on, and after it wakes from sleep mode), see Setting or changing the Normal Preset on the DM300 and DM400.
To create a new custom preset:
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down, then select Preset Options.
- Select Create New Custom Preset.
- Using the numbers keypad and / or keyboard, enter a name (up to 17 characters). Press Enter when done.
- Press OK to confirm.
To view and select saved Custom Presets:
- Press Custom Presets.
- Select a preset using the buttons on the left. Press Page Down to see additional choices (if available).
- Select the desired preset. The franking machine returns to the Home screen and displays the selected Class, Mail type, Ad and Text message.
- Press Normal Preset to return the franking machine to your default setting.
UPDATED: 03 February 2023