Error P201F on the DM50 and DM55
Perform a balance enquiry to resolve the error P201F.
Products affected: DM50™, DM55™ (K724)
IssueThe error P201F appears and the franking machine may not print.
CauseThis error occurs when the franking machine has not connected to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre within the past 90 days.
ResolutionIrish postal regulations require that a meter be inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your franking machine is refilled with postage, when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre to perform a balance enquiry, or to perform a data upload.
If a connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre does not occur within a 90 day period, the P201F error code appears. Until a successful connection is made, the franking machine is locked and cannot print postage.
- Press Funds.
- Press Review (down) until Check Balance Available appears.
- Press Enter/yes.
- The franking machine connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre and your available balance appears.
- Press Enter/yes if you wish to add funds to the franking machine, otherwise press No.
- The franking machine will check for any available updates. If updates are available, select Get update now. Updates will download and install automatically. After the updates install, follow the prompts to return to the Home screen.
- If the P201F message is not cleared, restart the franking machine:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is functioning correctly.
UPDATED: 15 June 2023