Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. I want to buy Consumables for my Pitney Bowes equipment and other office printer equipment. Do you have them?
We have a big bouquet of Printer consumables for your PB office equipment and other office printing equipment. For more information, please visit our Webshop at http://www.pitneybowesdirect.co.in/
Q2. I want to return my consumables to Pitney Bowes. Will I have to pay for freight?
Yes, you will have to pay for freight yourself. Please ensure you include the “Consumables Claim Form” so we can credit the correct account.
Q1. What is IntelliLink®?
IntelliLink® is unique to Pitney Bowes and is simply a framework for growth. All new Pitney Bowes Postage Meters are IntelliLink® enabled, allowing you to download funds, the latest postal rates and software updates & enhancements straight to your Postage Meter.
Q2. We have changed our name/address, who do I need to notify?
You will need to notify Pitney Bowes India Pvt. Ltd. in writing, on your organisation’s letterhead of your new address. We require this in writing on your organisation’s letterhead to ensure we change the address of the correct organisation. Ensure you include either the serial number of the equipment, your customer number or your rental contract number as a reference.
Q3. How do I check the postage balance on my meter?
You can check how much funds you have remaining on your Postage by Phone account as follows:
- Press “FUNDS” button.
- The postage meter will display the remaining funds you have left.
Q4. How do I add more funds on to my meter?
This will differ depending on your postage meter. Please refer to your meters Operators Manual for instructions or call 1800 110 999 or 1800 103 0999 to speak with a customer service executive.
Q5. My equipment will not add postage to the meter, why is this?
The most typical reasons are:
- You are not connected to an analogue line please refer to your meters Operators Manual for instructions on how to connect.
- You have no funds in your Postage-By-Phone® account.
Q6. How to download the new version for your DM Series™ Mailing System IntelliLink?
Followthese simple steps:
- As you would for a postage refill, check that the analogue phone line is connected to the system and the meter is on the base.
- Note: If you use a lock code you will need to enter it during this update. This update could take up to 15 minutes.
- Press the Menu key.
- Select Set Up, and then press the down arrow key.
- Select Updates and Add-Ons.
- Select either "Connect to Pitney Bowes" or "Check for Updates".
- Once the connection is made, the "Update Available" screen appears Select Perform Update Now.
- When the update is complete follow the prompts, if any, until you return to the Main screen.
- Turn power to base off then restart the base.
- If you would like to have Account Set up/Editing password protected, you may enable it by going to: Menu > Set Up > Basic Settings > Supervisor Set Up.
Service, Repair and Warranty
Q1. What does my warranty cover?
All new Pitney Bowes products comes with a standard warranty against manufacturing defect. For any warranty support, please contact our Customer Care Centre Executives at Toll Free number 1800 110 999 or email us.
Q2. What is Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract (CAMC)?
Under CAMC, your Pitney Bowes equipment is fully covered for breakdown due to normal operational wear and tear. Your service request call will be promptly attended by our Engineers who will attend to your equipment maintenance requirements. Servicing will be covered under CAMC and shall conform to quality repair standards. Should replacement of equipment parts be necessary, it would be at no charge, subject to valuation of depreciation. Please refer to CAMC terms and conditions.
If you have any question or require further information, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Centre Executives at Toll Free number 1800 110 999 or email us the name of your organization and equipment details.
Q3. I have a fault on my equipment, how long will it take to get it fixed?
At Pitney Bowes, we strive to provide the best possible services to our customers. On receiving your Service Request Call, our Customer Care Centre Executives would assist to provide a verbal solution so your equipment could resume operation speedily, before extending the next level of technical support.
Q4. How do I book a service call?
There are several ways you can log a service call:
Call our National Call Centre on 1800 110 999 / 1800 103 0999. If your equipment is not under an Equipment Maintenance Agreement then the person that calls will need to be authorised to accept the service charges. When logging a call by phone you may also provide our call centre operators with a purchase order number which will allocated to the call.
Q1. There have been a number of staff changes and I need some training for new staff on my Pitney Bowes equipment, can this be arranged?
Q2. How long will the training take?
Depending on the complexity of your equipment, training may take anywhere from one to several hours.