Returning an upgraded or defective meter
This article will cover how to return a recently upgraded or faulty machine.
If you have recently received a replacement meter for a faulty or upgraded machine, follow the steps below to ensure the old machine is returned and any unused postage is refunded.
Engineer installed machine: For any machine installed by a Pitney Bowes Engineer, the technician will arrange the return of the machine, any unused postage will be refunded to the postage account within 10 working days.
Returning a Meter
- To return a self-install machine, an email will be sent by us with a link to a UPS portal to arrange collection.
- Tip: This email will be delayed up to 10 working days to allow sufficient time to receive and install your new meter.
- Any funds withdrawn from your meter will be refunded by cheque directly from An Post: See Unused Postage Refunds.
- Select the option UPS-On Call Pickup within the UPS collection portal to arrange a driver to collect the machine.
- The View/Print label option is for drop off requests to a UPS access point only.
UPDATED: 26 January 2024