The insert feeder feeds items that do not require folding. The insert feeder may be removed if it is not required fora job.
- Use the side guide adjustment knob to adjust the side guides to the width of the inserts you are running.
- Once the guides are touching both sides of the insert, turn the adjustment knob 1/4-turn in the opposite direction. This sets the correct clearance between the guides and the insert.
- Refer to the labels located on the insert feeder and match the insert type (slip, reply envelope, pre-folded, booklet) with the icon and color.
Identifying the Insert - If the label indicates a range of settings, we recommend you select a higher number or letter for a thicker the insert.
- Set the blue separator gap lever to the number required.
- Set the blue separator shield lever to the letter required.
Aerate and fan the stack of inserts so the individual pieces are not stuck together.
- Shingle the inserts and place them on the feed deck. Loading orientation can vary depending on the inserts. Load inserts using these orientation guidelines.
|Slip||Face up, bottom edge first|
|Reply Envelope||Face up, top edge first|
|Pre-folded||Face up, closed edge first|
|Booklet||Face up, bound edge first|
- Let the wedge (material prop) slide down the stack to support the envelopes.
UPDATED: November 06, 2020