Your meter works on an ink drop system to determine when your ink is low and when your ink is out. Order a replacement ink cartridge as soon as the Low Ink
message appears. If the message Ink Out
appears and the amber LED blinks, replace your ink cartridge immediately; this means that your ink supply is out and your meter will not print.
Follow these steps to change the ink cartridge:
- Press Menu
- Scroll and select Use ink functions?
- Scroll and select Replace ink cartridge?
- Open the top cover and locate your print head
- Press the top of your ink cartridge latch located on the green unlock icon
Note: If your latch is stuck, place both thumbs on the back end of the latch and apply firm pressure
- Tilt your old cartridge forward and lift it out. Discard your old cartridge.
- Remove your new cartridge from its package and pull off the protective tape
- Tilt your new cartridge forward and insert it into your print head. Straighten the cartridge so that it is upright.
- Press down on your ink cartridge latch firmly until it locks into place
- Close your postage meter cover and press Enter
- Press Enter to confirm your replacement. A print head initialization process occurs for two to three minutes.
- When prompted, insert an envelope or tape sheet to print a test pattern to confirm your print quality
- If your test print looks good, press Enter
- If it looks poor, press No. Your meter will clean the printer nozzles and prompt you for another test pattern.
UPDATED: June 24, 2020