Cleaning the print head on the mailstation series
Learn how to clean the print head on the mailstation or mailstation2.
Products affected: mailstation™ and mailstation2™
Clean your print head and run the maintenance function to improve your print quality.
- Open and close the cover.
- When your meter displays the message Do you want to install new ink?, press Enter/Yes.
- Reopen the cover and wait until the ink assembly moves to the front of the machine.
- Press the unlock on the green ink cartridge cover to release the ink cartridge.
- Remove the ink cartridge and set it aside.
- Squeeze the latches holding the print head cover in place and lift the print head cover.
- Lift the print head out of the machine.
- Clean the print head with a soft, lint-free cloth or foam swab.
- Put the print head back into the machine.
- Close the print head cover, making sure that it clicks into place.
- Replace the ink cartridge with the label facing you.
- Close the ink cartridge cover, making sure that it is securely latched and stays down.
- Close the cover.
- Press Enter/Yes when your meter displays the message INSTALL INK DONE - Press Enter.
- Press Enter/Yes when your meter displays the message IMPORTANT: Is ink installed?.
- Insert your tape sheet or envelope to print a test pattern. At the prompt Is test pattern OK?, select the appropriate option:
- If your test pattern looks good, without broken lines or smeared ink, press Enter/Yes.
- If your test pattern is poor, press No to run the maintenance function again. Repeat this function up to 3 times, if needed, to improve poor print quality.
UPDATED: 25 July 2023