Installing the printhead on the DM100i and DM125
Learn how to install the printhead on the DM100i and DM125.
Products affected: DM100®i and DM125™
Follow these steps to install the replacement print head from Pitney Bowes:
- If a scale is present, remove it and set it aside.
- Open your top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The carriage moves forward.
- Unlatch the ink tank cartridge guard by sliding the green lever to the right and flipping the guard open.
- Lift up and remove the ink cartridge.
- Squeeze in on the two gray tabs on either side of the print head so that they slide toward each other.
- While squeezing, lift and tilt the print head to the right toward the space for the ink tank cartridge. The print head should come up out of the machine.
- Remove the protective tape from the bottom of your new print head.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of your new print head and angle slightly while sliding it back into its holder.
- Push your print head back into place. There is an audible click when it seats correctly.
- Reinstall your ink cartridge.
- Close and lock the green latch.
- Close the top cover.
- The system automatically returns you to your Home screen.
- If your system does not automatically return to the Home screen, press Home.
- If it was removed, reinstall the scale.
UPDATED: 02 October 2023