Use PC Meter Connect software to turn your computer into a connection device that connects your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center. These instructions are for first-time users who have never installed PC Meter Connect on this computer.
See Updating your version of PC Meter Connect for instructions if you are upgrading your PC Meter Connect software on the computer you’re using now.
What is PC Meter Connect?
PC Meter Connect™ is Windows-based software that allows you to connect your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center using your computer's internet connection.
Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported.
Use your PC Meter Connect connection method to download postage from your Pitney Bowes accounts and automatically update your meter's software and postal rates.
Follow these steps to download and install your new version of PC Meter Connect.
- Ensure that your Windows computer meets the following minimum system requirements to use PC Meter Connect™ (PCMC):
- Windows 8 or 10 operating system with the latest service packs, up to and including Win 10 v1803. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hardware supported *
- 1.2 GHz processor, 512 Mb RAM
- Internet connection
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.5 (will be automatically installed if not found on your computer). This is a one-time installation.
- Available USB port
- Administrative rights (when your computer allows you to install software)
*Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported.
- Sign in to your computer with administrator privileges that allow you to install software.
- Place your computer near your meter so that you can connect your computer and meter using a USB cable.
- Unplug your USB cable from your meter and your computer.
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Click the Download button to download the latest PC Meter Connect setup file to your computer:
Latest version of PC Meter Connect desktop application: 05.00.0081
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on your setup.exe file to start your installation.
- Plug your USB cable back in your meter and your computer.
- Plug your power cord back in your meter.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen to finish installing your PC Meter Connect software.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
- "Meter not detected" when using PC Meter Connect
- Troubleshooting PC Meter Connect connection issues
- "Internet not detected" when using PC Meter Connect with a proxy server
- Ensure that your postage account is funded. See Paying for Postage for more information.
UPDATED: 07 May 2021