Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, and DM475™
Follow these steps to install the replacement print head you received from Pitney Bowes:
- If you have a scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of your meter.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- The screen displays two options; select Replace Print Head.
- The carriage moves forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- Remove the ink cartridge and place it on a flat surface with the red circle facing up.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the print head. While squeezing, lift and tilt to the right. The print head should lift easily from the machine.
- Unpack your new print head and remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the new print head and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure to press the top left and right of the gray tabs to lock the new print head into position.
- Reinstall the ink tank carriage and lock the green latch.
- Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable.
- Your meter detects the new print head and prompts you to run a maintenance feature.
- Select Continue.
- Your meter prompts you to print a test pattern. Select one of the following options:
- To print a test pattern, select Yes.
- To skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen, select No.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021