Presort is an Incentive Lettermail category. The 2nd category is Machineable. You must have a contract with Canada Post to be able to use this service. You can visit them here
for more information.
What is Incentive Lettermail
service? Incentive Lettermail™ is a category of Lettermail service that consists of large volumes of identical items. By meeting mail preparation requirements, you'll have access to lower prices than you would using Lettermail service.
- Marchineable (1A - minimum 5000 items): Mail you prepare so that it can be efficiently processed through our automated mail processing equipment. Depending on the size, shape and weight, your mail will be classified and priced as either Standard or Oversize. (See Size and weight formats explained for information on Standard and Oversize Lettermail.)
- Presort (1B - minimum 500 items): Mail you sort by Postal Code and place in containers so that it can skip some steps in our distribution network. Depending on the size, shape and weight, your mail will be classified and priced as either Standard or Oversize.
To use these bulk rates, you must:
- Select Class: Dom Incentive
- Select the desired service
- Std Ltr Pres
- Oversize Mach
- Oversize Std LP
- Press enter for no extra services
- You will be returned to your main screen
- Select Inscrip
- Select the desired inscription.
- It will display Inscription may not print for certain classes as specified by the postal authority
- Select OK
NOTE: A custom envelope message can also appear on the impression when printing incentive mail. When selected, the image will be to the left of the incentive mail impression.
You will be returned to your main screen
UPDATED: June 12, 2015