What you will need to return your meter
Everything you need to return the meter is provided by Pitney Bowes. To start:
- the box that the replacement equipment came in; or
- a return carton provided by Pitney Bowes
The box contains:
Before you start:
- Styrofoam packing material
- plastic bag for meter
- folded cloths for packaging
- shipping label
Get your postal funds back. Follow these steps:
- make sure your working area has enough room to move about freely
- protect your clothing from possible ink stains
Disassemble the Meter
- Press the Menu key, making sure the meter can connect to Pitney Bowes
Note: a mailstation™ connects via analog phone connection; a mailstation2™ connects using PC Meter Connect.
- Press the Down review key and select Change Setup, then press Enter/Yes
- Press the Down review key and select Remove funds from meter, then press Enter/Yes
- The meter will connect to PB Postage and you will see the amount transferred to Postage by Phone
- Press Clear/Back and you will a notification that your meter was taken out of service. NOTE: If you see any other message, press Clear/Back again and contact customer support by calling: 1-800-672-6937. Customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8 am - 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
Recommended: Print a funds report or any other accounting reports of which you wish to keep a record.
If you have a scale attached to the meter, remove it by lifting it straight up and off. Return the scale if:
Unplug and remove all the cables from the meter and scale:
- You are ending your lease with Pitney Bowes and returning your meter; or,
- You received a new scale in your replacement carton (otherwise, keep your current scale for use with the replacement meter)
Pack the Meter for ShippingIMPORTANT:
Unplug the power cable
Unplug the phone or USB cables
Unplug the scale from the meter
If you are replacing your base meter only; do not return your scale and cables.
- Place the meter inside the plastic bag provided
- Place the meter in the box
- Seal the top of the carton with the tape provided
- Apply the prepaid shipping label over the old shipping label and ship via:
- Purolator: Use the enclosed Purolator shipping label and return via your local Purolator agent or drop off location
- Canada Post (CPC): Use the enclosed CPC shipping label and return via your local Post Office or CPC carrier
Note: If the prepaid shipping label is missing, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
Retain the customer portion of the prepaid shipping label for tracking purposes.
UPDATED: February 11, 2021