"Peripheral Agent Failed to Respond" message in SendPro Enterprise
Learn how to resolve the message "Peripheral Agent Failed to Respond" in SendPro Enterprise.
Products affected: SendPro® Enterprise
When attempting to interact with the peripheral agent in the application, including, scale, printers and meter connections, an error message such as "Peripheral Agent Failed to Respond" is displayed.
"Peripheral Agent Failed to Respond" is a generic error message and can be a symptom of a wide range of issues.
Attempt the following troubleshooting steps in order:
- Ensure that the procedure in Installing and configuring HubCapp Peripheral Agent for SendPro Enterprise has been completed and tested successfully.
- In the system tray (small icons by the clock), right-click on the HubCapp Peripheral Agent icon and choose Exit.
- Reopen HubCapp Peripheral Agent.
- If the icon is grey, ensure that the Settings button fields are completed and do not have any extra spaces at the beginning or end. Click Save. If the button is still grey, contact software support.
- If the icon is orange, that indicates that it is connected to the HubCapp Server. Proceed to the next step.
- In the app (Mailcenter, Desktop, etc.), if Settings are blank, ensure that the web browser cookies are not being cleared by company policy.
- In the app (Mailcenter, Desktop, etc.), ensure that the Settings button fields match the settings fields in HubCapp and are completed without extra spaces at the beginning or end. Click Save.
- If it fails to connect, contact software support.
- If it saves successfully but still displays an error when trying to use a peripheral, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that the Windows user has full permission to the following folders (this assumes that the default install locations were used):
- C:\ProgramData\HubCapp Peripheral Agent\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HubCapp Peripheral Agent\
- Set HubCapp to run as administrator:
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HubCapp Peripheral Agent\.
- Right-click on HubCapp Peripheral Agent.exe and select Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen HubCapp.
- In all anti-virus and firewalls being used, add the HubCapp Peripheral Agent to the white lists to ensure that it is not being blocked.
- Ensure that the default port 50000 is open and available through the firewall.
Administrator rights on workstation
UPDATED: 14 August 2021