Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™
Your meter displays the message No Print head found.
Your meter does not detect the print head.
Try these solutions to restart your meter and reseat the print head:
Solution 1: Try restarting your meter
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug your power cord back into your meter.
Solution 2: Reinstall the ink cartridge and print head
- Press Menu.
- Press Review (down), when the meter displays Use ink functions?, press Enter/Yes.
- Press Review (down), when the meter displays Install new print head, press Enter/Yes.
- Open the machine cover.
- Remove the ink cartridge and set it aside.
- Squeeze the latches holding the print head cover in place and lift the print head cover.
Important: Do not touch the bottom of the print head.
- Remove the print head by pulling it out by one of the black tabs.
- Reinstall the print head into the machine.
- Close the print head guard until it clicks.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge latch, making sure that it is securely latched and stays down.
- Close the machine cover.
- When the meter displays the message IMPORTANT - Is print head/ink installed?, press Enter/Yes.
- Insert your tape sheet or envelope to print a test pattern.
- When meter displays the message is test pattern OK?, select the appropriate option:
- If the test pattern is good, without broken lines or smeared ink, press Enter/Yes.
- If the test pattern is bad, run the maintenance function:
- Press Clear/Back.
- When Use Ink Function? displays, press Enter/Yes.
- Press Review (down) until the meter displays Clean Printer Nozzles?, press Enter/Yes.
- The maintenance function runs. Once complete, follow the prompts to run another test pattern. Repeat this function up to three times, if needed, to improve poor print quality.
UPDATED: 01 March 2021